Healthcare Building Project Management
MHS Capital Project Management offers an innovative and affordable solution to you when compared to other Project Management providers. We are not a traditional capital project management service; we act as interpreter between your clinical and service leads and the design and construction teams to lead the engagement and develop environmental solutions that enable:
- Transformation of care pathways
- High quality clinical care and service provision
- Future proofed environments that are fit for purpose
- Optimisations of space utilisation, challenging users to think innovatively and flexibly
- Achievement of Sustainable commitments and delivery
Since our first P22 appointment in 2015, we have successfully delivered numerous ProCure21+ and ProCure22 new build and refurbishment projects ranging in value from £0.5M to £24M.
All schemes despite the challenges faced have been delivered on time and within budget. We have been invited by our partner Trusts to support a number of subsequent projects, which the team are incredibly proud of, and we feel demonstrates the unique service we provide.
Whether we can support you with the complete end-to-end management of a scheme or ad hoc support, we offer you an experienced and committed team with a ‘can do’ approach that is focused on patient care and optimum delivery of services.
We understand that effective management is key to the success of any project, we offer a clear and flexible structure to manage the programme, risk, cost, engagement, design, and build. From inception to final handover, we will support and guide.
We are Engagement Specialists
We recognise that in the NHS every person plays their own part in delivering the high-quality services for your patients, without the full team involvement we will not achieve the optimum delivery. We believe this is our USP (Unique Selling Point), our team will work proactively with your service leads to ensure that we have a comprehensive understanding of what is required to support your site, clinical operations and ultimately provide the best environment for patients, their relatives and carers and your staff.
We will endeavour to:
- Develop a clear engagement plan with key leads to find the balance between key involvement and managing the day-to-day pressures that your teams are dealing with.
- Support the clinical and non-clinical teams to understand any implications or impact on their service delivery and how we can mitigate that. These can be simple measures, for example acoustic sheeting, tack mats in place to control dust; timing of deliveries to minimise noise and disruption.
- Develop a flexible clinically approved plan for each element of works; each area has different needs and concerns; we will understand these and work with the wider team to mitigate risk and minimise disruption.
- Work with individual and specific teams to develop a clear understanding of what is needed to be achieved and the timescale, conscious always that patient care is the main focus.
- Actively engage at all stages with Infection Prevention and Control; Operational Estates; Trust Approved and Responsible Persons, Trust appointed Authorising Engineers; Facilities; Fire, Resilience and Security; Medical Engineering; IT and Telephony.
Our team are experts in their field, but they are not experts in your Trust or Trust departmental needs. Key individuals from your Trust will be instrumental in bringing your internal needs to the forefront. Our team will use their experience and knowledge of other schemes to complement your expert local knowledge.
We appreciate that a key challenge within healthcare NHS build schemes, is to balance: the patient and service needs; compliance achievement; delivery of a sustainable environment and meeting the budget available. We understand this challenge and have successfully supported many Trusts to achieve their vision; we welcome the opportunity to support you to achieve your vision.