Values and beliefs
MHS believes that early community engagement can bring about tailored social outcomes - we commit to a social value model that:
1. Supports our employees and associates by providing:
- Career advice including mentoring, mock interviews, CV advice and careers guidance
- Fair pay, participation and progression, voice, and autonomy
- Inclusive and accessible recruitment practices; development practices and retention focussed activities
- Investment in the physical and mental health and wellbeing of our workforce, especially in the context of COVID-19. We have made the e Mental Health at Work Commitment and support the 6 standards
- Creation of employment, re-training, and other return to work opportunities for those left unemployed by COVID-19
- Where possible, local employment opportunities as well as access to on-the-job training for all staff members.
- Educational attainment relevant to the project, including training schemes that address skill gaps and result in recognised qualifications
- A positive approach to organisational learning and continuous improvement
2. Provides date integrity through the annual completion of the Data Security and Protection Toolkit each year and this year we aim to achieve Cyber Essentials certification
3. In addition to our target to have net zero emissions by 2050 our policy and model regarding the environment is to enable MHS to:
- Reduce the running costs of our offices
- Provide employment within an environmentally friendly and healthy surrounding.
- Avoid ‘greenfield’ sites where the use of redevelopment land is feasible.
- Reduce our emissions of CO2 and other gases which could affect climate change.
- Reduce our dependence on non-renewable resources and to purchase, wherever possible, sustainable and reusable products that are sourced locally, and
- Minimise waste by promoting the re-use, repurposing, and recycling of materials.
- Avoid the use of potentially toxic and environmentally damaging materials and processes.
- Create a workforce that respects the environment and is fully involved in its protection.
- Reduce the use of resources in our daily operations.
- To ensure staff members are involved in measuring the company’s environmental performance and reducing our carbon footprint.